Wednesday 13 July 2011

New Drawings


I have had a couple of weeks away from the studio visiting Dorset.  A time that allows me to draw and while away I completed a couple of larger drawings in the new style that I have been experimenting with recently.  Instead of using just single thickness lines I have been working with variable thicknesses.  Before going away I had made a small drawing and transferred to a screen and experimented with some different colour ways.

The two larger drawings are the first I have done at this size (paper 56 x 76 cm) which allows more scope for experimentation with the form.  I’m still not quite sure where they are going and will need to do a few more drawings yet.  This is part of my process, from each drawing I learn something new and start to incorporate that knowledge into the next drawing and so on.   For my degree show last year I did over 20 drawings to reach the final five that went on show, from each one I learnt something new. So with this type I still have a long way to go.   

In the meantime I have also been trying some miniature versions that I am just starting to print, hopefully to have some work to submit to the British Mini Print competition in September. If anyone has thoughts on them, please make a comment




2 comments:

  1. I really like the use of the thicker lines. They remind me somewhat of sea creatures for some reason. I would like to see you encorporate some brighter colours with the lines.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Linda, I have been playing with some brighter colours, the yellow above seems to have come out rather green in the photo it is actually much brighter than it looks.

    ReplyDelete