Tuesday 26 July 2011

Lockwood Print Group

Last night I went to the opening of the Lockwood Print Group's exhibition Fur, Feathers, Fingers and Fins at the Lewis Elton Gallery at the University of Surrey, Guildford.  The Group all attend Lockwood and meet one day a week with Julie and Annee in the studio.  They have been working very hard over the last few months and with the help of Lindsey and Tina as well have produced some lovely and  humourous works of all sorts of animals, fishes, birds as well as their own hands.

The Mayor of Guildford came to open the exhibition and was particuarly taken by one screenprint, entittled 'Teddy made me do it '.  For me I think I most enjoyed the nodding reindeer heads on the back wall, each individually coloured.

The exhibition is on for the next couple of weeks, I recommend a visit if you can, the joy of the artists making the work will leave you with a smile on your face.

Information on Fur, Feathers, Fingers and Fins

No comments:

Post a Comment