Saturday 26 May 2012

Dorset Art Weeks

I am now enjoying the sunshine on the Jurrasic Coastline near Burton Bradstock as I am lucky enough to be taking part in the Dorset Art Weeks at the Othona Community.  I am a regular visitor to Othona as it is a wonderful place to recharge my batteries and at times concentrate on some new drawings.  The place has had an integral part in the development of my work, so it was a great pleasure to be invited to show here alongside four other artists. 



We have made use of the chapel and library as exhibition space and have been able to show about 100 pieces of work between us.  Certainly I have never had the chance to show many pieces at once so it has been both daunting and exciting to do so.  At one point I was not quite sure if I would be able to pack everything into the car but it all managed to fit.



We allowed ourselves a couple of days to hang and prepare which went quite quickly but without being too pressured.  Last night we had a preview evening before opening our doors to the public this morning.



So we are here until the 10th of June with cream teas each afternoon so I'll have to go easy on those or there maybe an expanding waistline to go with the suntan.



The other artists showing are Sue Kemp, Edward Robinson, Elizabeth Sayers and Mart Tebbs.


Display in the Chapel


Two of my drawings either side of a triptich by Edward Robinson

Drawings and miniprints in the library

 

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed, the chapel looks like a wonderful and tranquil space. Loving your work on either side of the triptich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, the chapel is special and it has turned into a great exhibition space.

    ReplyDelete